After a fantastic but gruelling last four months, I've had an extremely relaxing time here in Miami. What better place in which to recharge the batteries! Apart from a bit of wind in the last 2 days, the weather has been lovely. I've been staying in South Beach, the best place to stay in this neck of the woods. It has a permanent holiday feel to it so, whether you're strolling round the shops or walking along the beach, it's all very relaxing. However, if you're a girl looking for a guy, it's probably best if you don't come here - 95% of the men are gay!
I haven't done anything of significance to write about so this blog will be very short. I did have intentions of taking some day trips to the Everglades and Key West but came down with a bit of a cold so decided to just stay put. One of the highlights here has been all of the beautiful art deco buildings that line the streets. Thank goodness someone had the sense to restore them rather than pull them down to make way for high-rise monstrosities.
Tomorrow I head up to Charleston for a few days and then up to Washington DC before flying across country to San Diego. And then Part 2 of the adventure begins in Eastern Europe!
Wow, those Art Deco buildings are so cool, would be awesome to have an apartment in one of them.
ReplyDelete